APPEL A CANDIDATURES
IOM TUNIS: TN2019-030
2 national Consultants,
Development of training material
The UN agency for Migration – IOM Tunisia is looking for 2 consultants according to the terms of reference stipulated below. Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to Tunisrecruitment@iom.int no later than 7th October 2019; indicating the reference code in the subject.
Position Title: Consultant, development of training material (2 positions)
Duty Station: Tunis, Tunisia
Type of contract: Consultancy
Dates: October 15th, 2019 to January 31th, 2020
Interested candidates are invited to send an application package containing the following documents:
1. A technical offer including:
- A note of understanding of the TDR (02 pages maximum),
- A methodological note describing the approach and tools recommended for carrying out the Modules and workbooks,
- a chronogram and a schedule of execution,
- Updated CV.
2. A financial offer including:
- A detailed financial proposal in HT and TTC.
Full applications must be sent to Tunisrecruitment@iom.int no later than 7th October 2019, indicating the reference code (TN2019-030) in the subject.
Note that only successful applicants will be contacted.
- Nature of the consultancy:
In the framework of IOM Tunisia support to the Government of Tunisia in combatting the crime of trafficking in persons and protecting its victims, IOM works with its partners to reinforce capacities among national stakeholders, on counter-trafficking and how to identify, assist and protect victims of trafficking based on the anti-trafficking Tunisian Law. In this context, IOM is looking for two national consultants to design training material for the benefit of the National Commission Against Trafficking in Persons’ members, including its NGO members, staff of government-operated centers managed by the Ministry of Social Affairs (MSA) in Tunis and the regions, and Ministry of Women, Family, Children and Seniors (MWFCS’s) officers in order to identify, assist and protect Victims of Trafficking (VoT’s), based on the anti-trafficking legislation.
It is expected that the 2 national consultants will:
- Develop training materials to complement to the “Manual on the TIP law in Tunisia (manual elaborated under IOM Tunisia SHARE II Project and published in 2017). The training modules must include workbooks with screening tools, identification check lists, and case studies based on the already developed National Orientation Mechanism (NOM). The modules and materials will be developed according to needs of the target group and will be based on the tools prepared during SHARE I and II projects.
- During the overall duration of this activity, the 2 consultants will ensure synergies with other SHARE III activities as well as other IOM ongoing counter-trafficking projects and build upon their objectives and results.
- IOM Project to which the Consultancy is contributing to: SHARE III Project in Tunisia.
- General Functions:
The 2 national consultants are expected to develop training materials, workbooks with screening tools, identification check lists, and case studies based on the already developed National Orientation Mechanism (NOM), the anti -trafficking Law n°2016-61 and the Tunisian legislative framework. The 2 consultants will also conduct and deliver the training materials and workbooks in close cooperation with IOM experts; for this the consultants will use a training curricula and training materials in Arabic, already developed in the framework of SHARE II Project. All additional training material used by the consultant must be previously sent, discussed and approved by IOM.
- Tasks to be performed under this contract:
- Draft training materials and workbooks by the end of October 2019 (as detailed before);
- Attend 3 meetings for the review and validation of the training modules and workbooks;
- Submit the final versions of the training modules and workbooks by the mid of January 2019;
- Submit a final report with recommendations on the contents of the materials and workbooks by January 31st, 2019.
- Tangible and measurable output of the work assignment:
At the end of the consultancy, the main outputs will be:
- Modules and workbooks submitted to IOM as stipulated above;
- 1 consultancy final report submitted to and validated by IOM.
Logistical and administrative preparation of the modules and workbooks will be carried out by IOM Tunis.
- Realistic delivery dates and details as to how the work must be delivered:
- Starting date of the Consultancy: October 15th, 2019;
- Expected dates/period for the development of the materials: From October 15th to January 15th, 2019;
- Final report delivery January 31th, 2019.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree, preferably in Law, or another related field;
- At least five (5) years of relevant professional experience as facilitator and/or trainer specialist capable of imparting knowledge, skills and attitudes to meet training objectives;
- Experience on the legal aspects of trafficking in persons and the protection of human rights;
- Ability to develop training materials and workbooks with senior managers;
- Competence to work with minimal supervision.
- Thorough knowledge of Arabic and French;
- Knowledge of English is highly desirable;
- Training modules language is Arabic;
- All reports submitted to IOM must be in French.